Sunday, March 8, 2009

Getting off topic......

I am going to get off topic here, just a bit but please understand, this rant has been bought on by my completion of this activity (week 6) as well as some TV I have been watching. Firstly, to keep to the topic slightly, I completed the activities and thought it was very interesting and did learn some things I have never learned before. But here comes the rant. These things are great but I am finding it increasingly more sad that in order to be "up to date" we have to learn how to work through the computer and communicate with people we don't meet or see, and everything becomes so solitary. What happened to going to a park and chatting with people about the book we are reading rather than sitting on our own and writing it down and then posting it out there. For one thing, it scares me a little that I don't know who is reading it. And I would also like to think that I am a reasonably active out-there kind of person (stop smirking some of you) and I have better thing to do than sit at a computer for hours on end just to be up to date.
Please note that I do have a positive spin as well and wouldn't bother with this if I felt that there were not advantages, but thats another blog......

No comments: