Sunday, March 8, 2009

I-pod this way please..........

I have been converted!
I was strictly a CD only kind of person but have found that after perusing the i-tunes, learning about podcasts and the different places to download music I am very excited. Bring on an I-pod I say, I already have a few plans and some songs I had totally forgotten about.
As for Utube it was something I had seen before as I had worked in a school and heard kids talk about it non stop. Like all these web "services" there are people out there abusing it and there are also people who are able to share there funny ideas, talents or general genius in an appropriate place. I think of that guy who danced his way around the world, or Sandi Thom who played her music and got a recording contract through there u-Tube postings, but take it with a grain of salt as it takes some time and talent to sift your way through the thousands of postings of teenage boys staking on there skateboards or beating each other up.
As far as u-Tube and these things in a library capacity, I think it is a great way to appeal to many people in a short amount of time. How great would it be if we could put the library's latest events as a podcast for people and mabey appeal to more of our teenage users, or put a video on u-tube as to how to print so people logged onto the computers can get a current and immediate demo and reduce the amount of errors.

No comments: